Sunday, August 23, 2009

Is it Sunday already?!?

Christian with his infection. We only took one photo of him since we are trying to let him rest in peace.

Brock's little face... I love how it is filling out.

Brock in his open air bed with his eyes open. Good job keeping your temperature up!


Brock in a puppy onsie enjoying his new bed.



What a weekend! Mommy is tired and I think these boys are well on their way to turning my hair grey.... Christian is "stable". Try as hard as I did, the doctor refused to use the word good. He had an X-ray at 5am this morning and it was better than the one before. Yeah! His belly is softer and most of his blood levels are looking better. There is only one (platelets) that is showing some decline, a sign of infection. Since we know he has an infection, I don't find this one surprising and we hope to see that one rise each day. He will continue to have his blood checked frequently but his next X ray is not supposed to be until tomorrow. He is still on the protein, fat and calorie drip (and will be all this week) and is up to 3 pounds, 5 oz. I am thrilled he is gaining weight even though he is not on milk. His color looked good and they surgeon agreed with the doctor that there is no need for surgery today. I have learned one thing about NICU talk, and they only talk about "right now" and not what will happen in the future. I find it frustrating, but apparently it is necessary as babies can change courses so fast.


Yes, I do have another baby! Poor Brock hasn't gotten as much press lately but rest assured, he is still stable and doing well. He is up to 3 pounds, 14 oz today (big boy!). He has also started keeping his own temperature so he is in a bassinet in the NICU, the same ones they put the full term babies into. Yeah! He is still on some oxygen (in the cannula) and has had some watery poop the last 24-48 hours. They have taken out the fortifier in his milk and we are waiting to see if that makes it less watery. I told the doctor that he better not have NEC. I can't handle two sick babies. The doctor laughed, but my look to him said I was not kidding. I have been able to hold him all weekend since Christian is off limits for holding these days. What he lacks in press on the blog he is getting in snuggles from mom :)
Thank you to everyone for your wonderful prayers for out little boys. We know that is why they are as strong as they are. We will never be able to say thank you enough to everyone. I also want to thank everyone who has offered their blood, breast milk and other incredibly generous items to us. We wish we could take them from you all but they are pretty stern on that in the NICU as everything has to come from their "approved" places. If I owe you a call or an email, forgive me. Please keep up all the wonderful prayers and support. We hope and pray the Barefoot family will be healthy soon :)












No comments:

Post a Comment

Lilypie