Saturday, August 15, 2009

Happy Saturday Babies

Brandon and I spent a couple of hours with the babies today from about 11 to 1pm. Brandon held Brock again and I am giving Christian a little TLC these days since he hasn't had much from me. They seemed great today and both really are seeming to love being held. Christian is eating 22cc's today and continuing to increase. He is 3 pounds, .07 oz today and the nurse said he hadn't spit up today. He did have some high blood pressure this morning so they were watching it to see if they needed to up his medication. Christian seemed to like being held better today than yesterday... I think he knew what was going on today and didn't seem to confused.

Brock was awake quite a bit of time awake with Brandon today and had his eyes open and was making "happy baby sounds" while he was being held. He is on 28 cc's of food that is fortified. He is 3 pounds, 2 oz today. The nurse had him in a little onsie with feet that he promptly peed all over once we got there. He also hit Brandon's shirt and shorts which mom found VERY funny :) I think we will bring a new outfit for him tomorrow with a back up :)

We saw Dr. Green around today but he didn't seem to have any new news for us from yesterday. The boys are really doing well to us, and their nurse today Lori, said she is always given "easy babies" since she is a nurse from Labor and Delivery. We felt that was a very good sign.

I was able to go from the hospital to a baby shower for a wonderful friend Barbara today. I try to find all the positives with the babies being in the hospital and us home and today I realized I would not probably be able to attend her shower if I had newborns at home, so I saw that as a positive! It helps for Brandon and I to see things on the bright side :)

On a personal note, my wedding ring fit again today which I am thrilled about!! Yeah!!!

Have a great Sat. night!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Lilypie