Sunday, August 9, 2009

Good Weekend

Hi- The boys had a great weekend in the NICU. Little Christian had a change of nose breathing piece that hopefully is a little more comfortable on his little nose. They changed it out on Friday since his other mask was not letting the septum of his nose heal very well. I was able to be there when they put in in and I think it hurt mom more than it hurt Christian. He cried for about 2 minutes and I was really hurting for him!!! He fell right back to sleep and looked just fine with it yesterday. I will try to post pics of the new air piece when we can. When Brandon and I were visiting yesterday the doctor said that he should be getting his pic line out yesterday which is a great step. He also should be moved to the same isolation box that Brock has enjoyed this week. I know he will really love being in there since it is quiet, warm and dark.... preemie baby heaven :) He has just been doing great and eating 16cc every three hours. He has been spitting up some of his food (more than the doctors like to see) so they might move him to every 4 hours and see if that helps as well as feed him a little slower. They also gave him a suppository to get things "flowing" to help him move the food along a bit better :) He will have a re- sonogram to check his blood clot progress tomorrow. They don't know what time so I hope they will do it while I am there but we can't make an apt. for him. I always try to read the face of the technician who does his scans but I have decided he must be a very good poker player since he doesn't give much away in his facial expressions. He is still having apnea and they will continue to watch this.

Brock- Our little guy is up to 23cc of food every three hours and tolerating it very well. He got his CPAP breather out and just has a little cannula in his nose which Brandon and I love since you can really see his little cute face now. He loves his little private home and every time we go to see him he is in swaddled peace :) Brandon was able to change his diaper yesterday and we were thrilled to see he has moved from a preemie XS diaper to a preemie Small! Big steps for our little man. The diaper looks sooo much bigger to us!

According to the doctor he wants the boys to start growing and gaining weight at this point. They are both stable so it is time to start the fattening up process.

Brandon and I are so fortunate to have so many wonderful and supportive people in our lives. We were able to meet with Manny and Julie on Sat. They have three wonderful triplets who also were preemies and spent some time in the NICU. She has been a wonderful support to me as she was "in my shoes" just a few months ago. They gave us some wonderful preemie "must haves" and some wonderful support. Thank you so much to you two!! The boys also got to meet Lauren and Cliff this weekend and I know they will be fighting over who gets to be her little girls boyfriend when Chloe arrives! Thank you to my mothers of multiple folks who have called, emailed and expressed support. Brandon and I really feel very luckily to be supported by everyone!!

Brandon and I are going up this afternoon and I hope to hold Brock again today. Christian is still not ready to be held until this new breathing piece comes out. It is held in there with a stand that doesn't let us hold him and keep him breathing at the same time. But we know his time is coming where we can cuddle and love on him too!

Jenn

No comments:

Post a Comment

Lilypie