Thursday, August 27, 2009

Good day in the NICU

Hi- I got to hold little Christian today in the NICU. It has been a week since I have been able to hold him and since you never know what tomorrow holds in the hospital, I relished my time with my little man. He is doing good, about the same today as yesterday. He was awake again today and kept looking at me when I talked which was so nice. He seemed to feel a bit better today which made me feel better too :) He weighed 3 pounds 8 oz today.

Brock was a good little man while I was there. He weighted in at the same weight as yesterday I believe. The fun news about him is we get to start trying to bottle feed him on Monday! At 11am we will try to introduce him to the taste of food. I am so excited even though the developmentalist let me know how difficult this process will be. She warned me I would get very frustrated but it will just be a long learning curve for both of us.

The boys have had quite a few visitors this week, my parents, sister and Cheryl, a friend of my parents from their church. They have enjoyed each visit and all the cuddled time they have had with mom this week.

Keep up the prayers!!! Thank you all!!!

2 comments:

  1. I don't know how your NICU does it, but ours had a rule that a nurse had to give the first feeding. A bottle is such a different thing to a preemie, that sometimes they forget to breath, spit out the food, and/or start to choke. It COULD be a tough experience. If so, just KNOW that it does get better and before you know it they will love their bottles! This is such an awesome milestone. We are so happy that Christian is doing so well and that those sweet boys are making such good progress!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good to know Julie. I am so curious to see how little Brock does tomorrow with the bottle. He will be 33.5 weeks along and does well with his passie but we will see!! I love that this is one of our last hurdles to overcome for this little guy!!

    ReplyDelete

Lilypie