Friday, August 14, 2009

Big goals for little boys and mom

The boys with their parents... Brock with dad and Jenn with Christian.

Family photo... Brandon with Brock and Jenn with Christian.


Us with the boys.


Christian when he first layed on me. I think he was confused by the process but seemed to settle in nicely. Boys boys can lift their head up and are super cute when they do it.



Brock and Dad. This is Brandon's first kangaroo care and their first hold together.




Aren't my boys super cute!



Hi- Well it wasn't the flu... turns out mom had an infection so my wonderful hubby drove me (yet again) to the doc yesterday and I am feeling much better today. My fever broke last night and Brandon and I were able to visit the boys today again! He was able to go without me yesterday and see them and since my fever was over 100 I had to stay home. It is so hard when you have little sick ones and can't see them.



Ok, the updates from Wed on... the boys have moved nurseries... they are now in nursery C (moved from A). This means nothing as far as the nurses and docs are concerned... not a good thing or a bad thing. They are now in a room with 6 babies (instead of 3) and they are right next to each other. They are also sharing a nurse which they have not done before. It does make it easy to have one nurse to chat with instead of two.

Brock is up to 3 pounds 2.8 oz. He is feeding at 28cc's every three hours of fortified food. He is stable as always. His goal right now is to gain weight.


Christian is at 2 pounds 14.8 oz. He is eating 18cc's every three hours and is set to increase 2 cc's over the next few hours so hopefully he will catch up to brother soon. His belly is not as poofy anymore and the x-ray was clean on his little belly. He is not digesting very well and throws up quite a bit. His goal is to gain weight as well. Both boys are supposed to be gaining 3/4 of an oz to an ounce a day and they are not really doing that right now.

We met the boys new doctor, Dr. Green, and I like him. He is from Iowa and a friend of a friend of my dad's from bible study. He will be with the boys for at least 8 days and seems to be very no nonsense which I really like. He tells it like it is and informed me that the boys have not been great eaters (spitting up a lot and not digesting very well) so he really wants to improve that. He also said that I really need to try to make more milk. He has informed me to drink more water, rest and "do better". I will try! We all three got a "do better" on the eating and producing. As a fellow type "A" person, I like goals :)


The boys were just darling today and Brandon and I held them side by side for their lunch feeding. My mom took some great pictures of us while we held them. They are our first "official" family photo with all of us in the picture. For me, this was my first time to get to hold little Christian and his first time doing "kangaroo care" I think he loved it and I know we will get LOTS more time together.


Thank you all for all the emails, calls and love. We all love you all very much and this week we are all going to strive to "do better"!


Jenn






2 comments:

  1. Kangaroo care is always fun. I know Brock is enjoying it, as I used to curl up on Barefoot's chest the same way back in college...and I loved every minute of it.

    Everyone is looking good! Keep it up, and they will continue to get stronger & bigger before you know it. You guys are doing great, and we are happy & proud of you all.

    Manny

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think Kangaroo Care is so precious!!! We have learned about that here while being in the hospital as well. I love the new pictures and am so happy that you are both getting to hold both boys now. Thanks for the updates!! It sounds like the boys are making progress constantly, which is great!

    ReplyDelete

Lilypie