Friday, July 3, 2009

Still Healthy!

Hi All- I hope everyone has a wonderful 4th of July weekend this weekend. I am good to go on the sugar with my glucose tolerance test coming back a 'ok! I was WELL under the marker for a re-test so it looks like I am good to go. I attended my first North Dallas Mothers of Multiples/Twins meeting last night and got so many great tips! Some of my favorites were:

1. Even if you didn't intend on hiring a night nanny, you may end up needing one so don't pretend to be super woman.
2. Members Mark formula from Sam's REALLY is the same as the Similac brand.
3. If you have a pain, just deal with it...you are pregnant with multiples and there is nothing else to be done.
4. When you go out with your twin babies people will ask lots of questions and then try to touch them. I am not looking forward to them being manhandled since I don't even like to be touched as a pregnant person.
4. Toddlers are scary..... I am already dreading that time in our life so I hope to get LOTS of good baby time in before the start testing boundaries and acting like crazy people.
5. You need to see the dentist for the kids at age 1. (who knew?)
6. Even though pregnancy with multiples is difficult, it is WAY easier than having children born significantly early. It is going to be a LONG summer, but I am going to try to keep them in until September 28th! (I may need to be reminded of this statement later in the summer with a good pep talk :)

The babies should be about 2 pounds this week and they are still as active as ever! Brandon can't believe how strong they have gotten when he feels them kick. What he feels is not even the half of what they are doing in there!

We have our last baby shower on July 11th with our friends. I can't wait to see everyone and celebrate with them!

Happy 4th of July!!!

Jenn

No comments:

Post a Comment

Lilypie