Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Home Again!

Well today was a great day and I was able to come home!!

We had two tests in the last two days. The FFN test which we found out last night was positive. Unfortunately this is not the result we wanted. The test is an early predictor for labor. A negative result means you will NOT go into labor in the next 7-14 days. A positive result means it is inconclusive. They can not say if you will go into labor or not in the next two weeks. Only 15-25% if women go into labor after a positive result which is not many so this test didn't influence my doctors opinion to much.

Then this morning we had a sonogram to recheck the cervix. We were looking for an improvement here from the 1.5 (or 15 I started at). Well the nurse measured an improvement of 2.2 but our doctor measured 1.6 to 1.7. Not a big improvement but it was enough to convince him that I could venture home. It could be the brownies that Brandon baked the doctor :) I think he was ready to have his wife home.

We got back about three pm. and I am already realizing that bed rest at home is going to be more difficult than in the hospital. I already want to jump up and start taking care of things. I am going to have to relinquish control for a bit and let Brandon take over everything. I hope he doesn't get "over me" to quickly since I am now relying on him for every meal and every glass of water etc.

I can lay on the couch, bed and outside so at least I will have some different options for the next weeks to come.

I have doctor's appointments set up for next week for a recheck and I pray that I stay the same or improve. My next big goal is 30 weeks. My personal goal is 35 weeks and my perintologist goal is 37 weeks.

Thanks to all of you for the prayers and thoughts and visits! Let's get through this next few months!!

Love Jenn

No comments:

Post a Comment

Lilypie