Friday, July 17, 2009

27 Weeks and 2 days

Hi All,

Sorry about the no blog yesterday, I was full up of visitors which made the day go by so fast!! Well yesterday we did two baby stress tests and the morning one was great and then at 12 noon they gave me a steroid shot for the babies lung development. The next stress tests showed a bit more stress in the uterus but not at contraction level. Yeah! So we went all day yesterday without any contractions. The babies heartbeats were great and strong and they are happy as clams in there. They have no idea that they have put mom on bed rest for many weeks!

The steroid shots help their lungs develop more fully in case they are born early and they made me "crazy" and ready to jump out of bed and run a marathon. None of that here though!!! I had Brandon stay the night the first night (Wednesday) and then my mom came yesterday about 12 noon and stayed all day and night with me! My friend Shanna came in the morning for a visit and I got Sara and her hubby for part of the day! What a treat to have so many people to keep me company.

My mom and I had a really fun sleep over last night and she treated me like a princess!

This morning we did another baby stress test (we will have 2 a day the whole time I am here I think) and we passed with flying colors. No more steroid shots today, yeah!! But I am "crashing" a little from them the last two days.

My doctors have been by morning and night and they just tell me to rest and lay down! We won't re-test until Wednesday to see if my cervix has gotten longer and is less funneled. I hope it is both! It needs to be at a MINIMUM of 19 or so with less funneling and no contractions for me to have a chance of going home. I am not holding my breath on this since the babies are SOOOO early right now they don't want them born for SEVERAL weeks.

If I had to estimate I think I will be here for several weeks before I have a chance to see the house again.

I am keeping a positive attitude as best I can and I keep remembering it can always get worse... some women don't have bathroom or shower privileges and one has a feeding tube! Yikes!

We appreciate all the wonderful prayers and emails and I will blog this weekend at some point but we won't have any real news until next Wednesday.

I have had several tips on procedures that people have done to "close the cervix" and here is what I have heard from the docs: I am to far along to sew it up as there is greater risk of breaking my water than the procedure working. Usually 20 weeks is the last week you can do this without these risks... and no.... duck tape will not work :)

Love Jenn

3 comments:

  1. Oh Jen...I was exactly where you are with both my kiddos. Bedrest in the hosptial around 27-30 weeks. It's great having all the nurses right there to ensure everything is ticking along just fine. I'll keep checking your blog to keep up with ya'll and those little tigers:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks lady! It has been a crazy experiance!!! So unexpected since all my other tests had gone so well. I am trying to keep my spirits up and continue to be positive!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm praying for your babies to make their appearance after 36 weeks!!! I'm also praying for you to be home soon! I'll be following your progress as we are in the same boat. I have not had any contractions as of yet, but there is no chance of me going home before 32 weeks since my cervix is between 0.6 and 1.5 each time they have checked it. I'm in the same boat...MUCH too early to deliver so VERY concerned that I really stay off my feet. Unfortunately that means at the hospital and not at home :-( . It sounds like you have GREAT family support like I do, which helps a ton! Your attitude is great, which is most important!! I'm here if you ever want to vent, but so far so good!!!

    ReplyDelete

Lilypie