Saturday, September 19, 2009

Wonderful Weekend

Brock's first walk- so sleepy
Dad burping Brock.

Agggg.... good burp.


My boys :)



Brandon and I have had a great weekend enjoying our baby at home! Last night we stayed in and watched a movie with Brock and had a real family night! We woke up and took him on his first walk this morning and he did just great! I attached a few pictures of him above. He is eating, pooping and sleeping like a champ. He has a wonderful temperament and seems to be a very relaxed baby so far. Yeah!

Little Christian is doing well today. It has proven pretty hard for Brandon and I with one here and one there.... since we can't take Brock into crowds, that REALLY limits our activities as a family. I was able to scoot up there and hold Christian today while he ate. He is up to three bottle feeds a day and has been doing well at those. He eats 44 cc's at 24 calories an ounce and has gained some weight! He is up to 4 pounds 10 oz today. He is looking great and Dr. Green keeps talking about his departure... I don't think he looks ready but the doctor seems to think it will be in the next two weeks. We have also learned that there is a very real chance he will come home on air (which also means a monitor). Brandon and I really don't want this, but we are realizing it might happened and are being as positive as we can about it. He would wear the air as long as he needed it and until he grows out of it. We are just praying that he comes home with a clean bill of health and no air. He was awake while I was visiting today for most of my visit. It is sooooo hard to leave him at the hospital when brother is at home getting loved on all day.... we will really have to make up for lost time when he is home.

2 comments:

  1. I don't know how you do this!!!! Just lifting you and yours up every day. Be strong and I enjoy all of your time home too!

    -Allison~

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on everyone doing well. And as far as Christian coming home on air... I know it seems daunting now, but it's easier than it seems and will be over quicker than you think. (If he does just make sure to ask the O2 company for either a rolling concentrator or 2 of the large tanks so that you have easy options about where to be in the house)

    ReplyDelete

Lilypie