Thursday, September 17, 2009

Long but wonderful week

Christian from last night.
More of our little guy making a face at dad.

Who is there?!? Why are you taking my picture ?!?


We have had quite the week around the Barefoot household. I started to feel sick on Tuesday and assumed it was from lack of sleep... wrong. I have a sinus infection that the doctor diagnosed yesterday. Tuesday we were able to get a bit more sleep by my mom, Brandon and I all taking an evening shift for feeding. We all got 6 hours or more which worked out really well. Then I was diagnosed with the sinus infection on Wed. and could no longer touch Brock. Poor Brandon and my mom had to work all day and night for the baby and I couldn't help at all! They did wonderfully with the baby and he was so well taken care of! On wed. Brock had his first doctors apt with the pediatrician. I had interviewed him over the phone while on bedrest but had not met him in person. We really liked him and he thought Brock was doing great! He had gained 6 oz in two days and now weights in at 5 pounds, 6 oz. The doctor told us how handsome he was and told us to "start enjoying him." We will! He can't go out much for the next six months and we have to avoid all crowds with him and Christian as well when they come home. We can go outside with them and that is about all.... it will be a long flu season for us. Although everyone realizes it is not possible to never take the babies out, we will do the best we can and try to make good choices. Brock is an EXCELLENT eater (although very messy) and we are just thrilled with his weight gain. He is a good baby that doesn't cry to much unless we mess with him a lot. I wonder if we will get lucky and have TWO that don't cry often... I hope so!
Christian is doing well in the hospital. He has been moved to a garden room, which is a stage before you go home so we know we are in the final stretch. He is one 1/2 litter of air at 30-35 percent and has been doing pretty well on his bottle feeds I have heard. I had to avoid the hospital on Wed. since I was sick and just popped my head in today to see him without touching him. Brandon went in last night and fed our little guy and he took down his whole bottle with him and again with the nurse last night. I can't wait to go in and feed him and see his progress. Last weight check he was 4 pounds, 6 oz and really looks like his old self again. He is still eating 38 cc's (a bit over an ounce) every 8 hours. He had our favorite nurse, Amber, today and tomorrow so I know he is in excellent hands :)


What a whirlwind, thrilling, educating and exhausting week. I didn't know there was more love in my heart until I got to hold my little man in my arms in our home. There is HUGE appreciation from us to have our first baby with us. I really can't wait to have our whole family here together whole and healthy. I have realized this week was a truly outstanding father my husband is and I feel so lucky that he and I are partners in this experience. It takes a village to raise I child is something I truly believe.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Lilypie