Thursday, September 3, 2009

Two Bottle Feeding Babies

Dad and Christian's first bottle feed! Great job boys!!!

Look Dad, no hands!

Christian sleeping like his mom...


Brock looks so excited to start breastfeeding

Uggg... so much work today....It is hard to be a preemie.

Hello- To our surprised Dr. Green thought it was time to try Christian on the bottle today. We felt like true parents trying to juggle two babies and two feedings :) Brandon was a trooper and volunteered to do Christians first bottle feed. The boys did an all American try but were unable to get him to feed. The nurse took over and got just four cc's down him. He might just take a little bit more time than brother to learn. I believe he will try once a day until he does a bit better. He is eating 8 cc's right now and is really doing great! We are so proud that he was even able to try today, a sign that he is really much better!!

Brock and I attempted breast feeding today. We met with an expert and got our training and away we went. He did a great job but was also only able to get 4 cc's down. I was impressed he did so well on his first try. The lactation nurse thought he was a "natural" and did better than some of her full term newborns. He is eating 42cc's right now. I was very impressed with both of my boys today. True mommy pride. I got weights on both boys but with all the action today, I forgot what they were... sorry!! I know it was a gain for both boys. I will re-check tomorrow.

Keep up the prayers for those little boys. We need some good feedings and continued weight gain from both of them.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Lilypie