Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Good Wednesday in the NICU

I love that little face... he was not a big fan of the flash. Here is Christian without his CPAP and on his cannula.
Side view of Christian

Another Christian pic. Brandon and I always giggle at his shots and the look he gives the camera :)

We had a great day with the boys today. I worked today and was able to go in and feed at 230p, a little later than my normal time but it was worth the wait! Christian was moved off his CPAP again and to a cannula! He looks so much more comfortable and we are thrilled he is doing so well. He also got to start feeding again today and was able to take 3cc's every three hours today. If that goes down well, he will be moved to 6 cc's tonight and then they will reevaluate him tomorrow. They are also seeing if he still needs his warming bed and might be able to move to a bassinet soon if he does well. He weighted in at 4 pounds 2 oz today. We are both so proud of our little guy!!! He is a superstar!

Brother Brock also had a great day today. He weighted in at 4 pounds, 8.7oz. He has been moved up to 42cc's of milk (almost 1.5oz per feed) and is still on 24 cal. fortifier. He has been bottle feeding for three days now, still at two bottles a day. Today it was just me and the nurse that feed him and he took down 30 of his 42 cc's which is great! He looked a little "milk drunk" toward the end and fell asleep on me so we had to put the rest in the tube. He is getting better about breathing I think, and even though mom is just as inexperienced we are learning together how to feed. I love this process and really feel this is a bonding experience for us. I can't wait to do it with Christian as well. If all goes as planned we will start breast feeding Brock tomorrow.

As a mom, I already feel my time is being pulled in two directions as I try to give each one equal love and attention. I have found this to be almost impossible as each day one of them needs more time from me than the other. I think this is something in life I will just have to get used to. Also on a personal note, a big thanks to my husband for putting up with his still hurting, sore and sometimes cranky wife for five weeks. I really thought I would be totally healed by now and I am not and you are taking wonderful care of me! Thanks honey!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Lilypie