Monday, May 2, 2011

Nothing Like the ER on Easter

Busy couple of weeks!  The boys are just shooing up like roots!  Brock had a major growth spurt and I think C is having his right now.  They are HUGE!!  We have had another super busy few weeks!  We have visited the Eckman's, went to the ranch for Easter and made a small detour to the ER for stitches. 

We had a great Easter weekend.  They boys are so busy these days and it is really hard to keep them contained!  My grandparents arrived on Tuesday and came to Dallas on Wednesday to see Sara's new house and all the boys.  We all had lunch and a wonderful visit.  Thursday with boys had their Easter party at school.  LOTS of sugar and fun was had and they came home at toddler level 10!  Wowzer!!!  To quote their teacher "I think they had a bit more sugar than usual".  Yikes! 

Friday the Barefeet and Brazelton's headed to the ranch for the weekend.  I have LOTS more wonderful picture but I just haven't had time to download them.  We rode the ranger, had a great Easter egg hunt, lots of wonderful food and conversation. 

It was all going pretty well until Sunday morning about 5 minutes before church, Brock fell off the golf cart and landed on the front porch on the rock part.  Big gash and LOTS of blood.  I felt so bad since I was about 3 feet from him taking his picture.  We took him inside, got the blood to stop and decided we needed a trip to the ER.  So, we got in the car (all in our Easter clothes) and raced to the hospital.  Two hours and twenty minutes later, $150 poorer, three stitches done and one ruined easter we all headed home.  We were SOOOO thankful to the Brazeton's for watching Christian while we were with Brock.  It took both of us to hold on the numbing cotton ball and hold him while they stitched him up.

Brock was upset for the stitches but then forgot all about it and raced around the ER in laps waving at people about 3 minutes later.  He has not noticed them since :)  Stitches came out on Thur. and the scab has already come off.  Yeah!

We are in full blown toddler mode with tantrums, whining, kicking, hatred of anything that is not "their idea".  I knew this phase was coming, but wow!  The boys are also learning new wonderful things along with their generous knowledge of tantrum.  Christian can say "bubbles" and both of them can say "wow".  They are both into hugging and sometimes kissing (if they feel like it) and have really started to play more and more together.  The flip side is when they are bored, they are bored together too.  We have to really struggle to keep them entertained and well fed.  They have started to get a bit pickier with their meals, and will not even consider anything green.  And if they don't get their food when they want it, hold on to your hat.  BIG screams!

This is a more difficult time for Brandon and I for sure!!  I am so glad he is home for the next while!  We celebrate our 8 year anniversary tomorrow and we had a wonderful dinner out on Saturday night to celebrate.  Saturday I take my second night away from the boys leaving Brandon in charge since they have been born.  I am sure he will do great!  My mom and sister and I head to San Antonio for a night away.  Happy Mother's Day to all of us!!!  We get back on Sunday, have Brandon's parents arriving on Tuesday to watch the twins while we go to Cabo San Lucas with one of my besties Daina!  We are so excited!!!  Beach here we come!!!  We fly back on Monday on my birthday.  Am I really turning 32 next week?

Finally we are in contract on a new ranch for work!  Very exciting project!  I don't think we could have loaded up this spring any more, but so is life!!!


 My three stitches.
 Juice and mom's iphone make me feel a little better.

 I still have my tie on mom!
 C in his Easter suit.
 C
 C working at grandpa's desk.  Cutie :)
 Lexie and C.

 C exploring before Easter

 Brock on Saturday munching on a peep.
 C Easter egg hunting.
 C got one!
 The boys playing in the cart on Saturday.. this would later be the scene of the crime for Brock on Sunday.
All good!

I have a TON more pics on my nice camera of my grandparents and the twins which I will work on getting downloaded.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Lilypie