Monday, June 29, 2009

24 Week Check Up

I had a wonderful doctor visit this morning as well. I am looking VERY healthy! Blood pressure and weight are "perfect" according to the doctor and I was given the "go ahead" to keep walking (within moderation). That was great news to me since LOTS of twins mom's are taken off all exercise at 24 weeks. She told me this is going to be a HUGE growth month for the twins so to take it EXTRA easy and keep laying down. Since the twins will gain so much this month, my uterus is also going to stretch quite a bit making it thin and able to contract. We don't want this so we are on "super take it easy" instruction.

The twins are very large and in charge making me measure the same way. I am 24 weeks and 5 days today and I measured at 35 weeks! That is ahead of most twins moms! I can't even imagine what I am going to measure at during the last few weeks in September! She didn't think that my measurement had any indication that I would be delivering early at this point. Still 37.5 weeks is the goal.

I did look well enough to not have to see her for another four weeks which is an accomplishment since most twin mom's move up to every two weeks at this point for doctor visits. Two good check-up's that have kept me to another 4 weeks!

I am also awaiting my results on the glucose tolerance test. Since gestational diabetes is more common in multiple mom's, I am a bit worried that I might test in the high range. Results in the next few days.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Lilypie