Friday, April 9, 2010

Easter Weekend and Beyond

Sara, Roger and I at the nature preserve.
Mom and the twins at the nature preserve animal house. They saw their first set of animals in here!

Dad and Mom at the nature preserve.


Dad and the babies at the nature center.



My dad's parents (Howard and Betty Linn) with Brock on Betty and Christian on Howard. This is a four generation picture for his family.


The family with my grandparents the Linn's.


My mom's mom, Jane Faust with the family. Another four generation picture. I have B and Brandon has C.


We spent a wonderful weekend in Fort Worth with my family for Easter weekend. My grandparents flew in on Thurs. and Brandon and I headed over on Friday. We walked in the nature center, had yummy food and spent wonderful moments with family. Thank you to my wonderful grandparents for flying in to see our wonderful babies and thank you to my parents for hosting our crew :)

The twins were on a roll this weekend and as it turns out were in the process of getting sick. with the change in their routine and a baby illness there was a lot of crying.


We went to our first church service this morning for Easter. The twins made it 30 minutes in the service until the music was over and then started crying... when we went to the cry room (with several other young families) we were the loudest ones in the cry room so we had to head out a little early. I still think they guys did pretty good to make it 30 minutes but I have to say, it was pretty rough on their parents :) We parked in a garage and carried them up and down several flights of stairs in and out of the church... we were all pretty tired come Sunday night.

This week we have all been battling colds/broncial (sp?) infections. We took Christian into the doctor on Tuesday and got another vaporizer to help his lungs clear out. Luckily he tested negative for RSV (yeah) and just seems to have a cold. Brock has pretty much fought his off, and then mom got it BAD on Wednesday. So... I took the day off and took myself into the care now clinic. Having a sick mom and babies is NO fun! It does seem that everyone is feeling a bit better this morning.
I am heading to Odessa for my first night (post hospital) away from my family. It is bittersweet for me (pro, a night alone and con, I am going to miss everyone sooooo much!). I am thrilled I get to see Grady baptised but I do wish our whole family could be there. I am sure Brandon will do a great job with the babies on his own!!! We have our sitter coming on Sat. night still so he will get a little break :)
Oh, and I decided you for sure know when you are a mom of multiples.... in almost every picture you are wearing workout clothes with spit up somewhere on you :)
p.s- when we took C to the doctor he weighted in at 17.1 pounds and was 27 inches long. The doctor and nurses thought he was doing great! He coo'ed at them and grabbed his feet for them :) He is scheduled to get his helmet off on April 22! Whooo- HOOOOO!!!!
Both boys are sitting up, eating LOTS of baby food and Brock has started to "pivot". This is when you are on your stomach and move all around on your tummy (usually for a toy). He has also started "swimming motion" on his stomach. This is supposed to be our "pre-crawl" so I guess we have that not to far in our future :) C is really doing great sitting up and rolls both ways (when he want to of course) and is VERY into toys right now. He loves his feet and is very vocal. Good stuff!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Lilypie