Thursday, May 28, 2009

The Barefoot Babies at 20 weeks

Well the big day is getting closer and closer! We are 20 weeks and 1 day into this wonderful thing called pregnancy! Brandon and I met with my peritologist (sp?) today and had some wonderful test results!! The average singlton (one) baby is 10.5 oz at 20 weeks. Both of our boys weighed in at 14 oz making them almost a pound each! I could have told you they would be bigger since I have been VERY hungry these days :) The boys are still liking salad dressing and cupcakes. The cupcakes have actually started to become a problem since I think about them all the time..... I will have to cut them out before the glucose test at 24 weeks!

They both had wonderful tests results and look extremely healthy and normal which is what we like to see! Both baby "A" Christian and Baby "B" Brock were very active. They were moving and flipping all around and throwing little punches at each other when they could. I have a feeling this behavior is going to continue through out childhood :)

Both Brandon and I continue to be amazed at the technology that this doctor has available. They can check the kidneys, all four chambers of the heart, spine, stomach, growth, brain etc. You can see most of their organs which is incredible.

Today they were both moving and flipping around. Baby B was in breech position and baby A was standing and kicking my bladder. No fun for mom, but it seemed like Baby A was loving it!

We were all deemed VERY healthy and got a great report and a "go ahead" to go another 4 weeks before we saw him again. I am sure Brandon's insurance company will love to hear that news too since each appointment is $1,400!

Next week I go into my OB/GYN for a check up, which is blood pressure, scale time (uggg) and a measurement. She can also answer any questions but I don't expect there to be any issues (except maybe lay off the cupcakes).

I will try to post pictures later of our most recent ultrasound.

2 comments:

  1. I still can not believe TWINS!!! Oh my goodness...I miss you so much and think about you almost daily...and am so happy for the two of you...love Tiff

    ReplyDelete
  2. More than halfway... amazing! We're so thankful that the Lord seems to be knitting these babies together as if each has 'the run of the place.' Barefoot boys have always tended to be well over 8 pounds and maybe these twins will be no exception! The squirming and kicking should get to be quite exciting... perhaps even aerobic for Mom! We look forward to seeing y'all in a couple weeks. Double blessings,
    Love,
    Don (TBD) & Karen (Grammy)

    ReplyDelete

Lilypie